Who says you can’t get pregnant in your 40s?

If you are trying to conceive in your 40s and are seeking positive information about your decision, performing a general search online will soon leave you discouraged.

As one InSeason Mom reader wrote on last week:

“We are continuously barraged with dire prognoses on the age of our eggs, and told there is nothing we can do about it. According to what I've been reading on the internet, my chances of a natural conception at age 42 are somewhere in the NEGATIVE percentages. This is completely unreal to me and I've decided it's simply not true.”

Deciding that something isn’t true or accurate FOR YOU just because a slew of medical professionals endorsed is the first step in taking control of becoming pregnant in your 40s.

My suggestion (assignment) is beginning today for every negative message that you read, hear or see on getting pregnant after 35 or 40 that you spend as much time reading, hearing or seeing a positive message on getting pregnant after 35 or 40. Relax, you’ve already taken my suggestion by digesting positive information by reading this blog.

If you keep researching information online about conception after 40, I can guarantee that you will encounter tons of negative information. I am one of the thousands of women who conceived and gave birth in her 40s and there are many more who became pregnant unexpectedly in their 40s.

“It is OH SO POSSIBLE!! And, I have a friend in England pregnant at 45 and another friend just had a baby girl 46!!! ALL with own eggs!”

This comment was taken from one of my favorite sites, Pregnancy Stories By Age/.

Catherine, the author of this website says her goal is to share the stories she finds online for inspiration to those trying to become pregnant and to comfort those who find themselves unexpectedly pregnant! She says her site is a "chicken soup for the Trying to Conceive over 44 soul.”

Okay, remember to let me know how you’re doing with your assignment about putting in the same time with positive information as you are with negative information. Try it for a 14 days. Seven days? Okay, try it for today and let me know your outcome in the comments box. If you need to talk, I encourage you to check out my Let's Talk sessions.

13 comments:

  1. Ok - well, I've already succeeded then! By trying it for one day, and reading this post! But you're so right, negative information is hardly helpful...I will try to maintain the positive vibes found here for 7, 14, however many days it takes to conceive!! Thank you as always for your positive posts....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, you have succeeded in Day 1! Don't be discouraged on the days that you may experience minor set-backs. Take a break. Regroup and come back fighting the negative thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful that you are so encouraging to your readers who want to be mothers.

    I will forever feel blessed to have my children a bit "later" in life.

    I hope you will begin to get testimonies as more people become aware of your blog and platform.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anita, you're always so encouraging to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice to read your blog... and I hope to find some encouragement from your site. I am tired, I feel like trying to get pregnant has turned into my part time job. I promised myself last month I was not going to read anymore negitive articles and that I was never going to buy a pregnancy test again! I look forward to this positive energy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Letting go of negative information is your best decision ever! Negative information drains your spirit and zaps your strength. Hooray for positive energy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice blog and nice post,your kids are cute,am following you pls follow back thanks.
    http://nzeremm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!

    I am almost 42 and I'm 4 weeks pregnant. It came naturally and as a surprise. It is my first baby and we couldn't be happier.

    The negative info out there is a total downer. I actually just googled "positive thoughts for pregnancy over 40" and found this site.

    I'm healthy, happy and in love with a wonderful partner. I'm doing my best to counteract all of the negative with nothing but positive energy.

    I wish good vibes to all mums in the same position!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! and blessings. I am 42 and so afraid I want a baby so bad but i havent fount the lucky man :)

      Delete
  9. I'm a little late with the congratulations and well-wishes, but the thoughts come from my heart. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow congratulation Great Post KEEP IT UP
    With regards
    Sammy
    Home Check Ovulation Kit
    You can find me by searching on Google HOME CHECK or check my profile

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sammy, thanks for commenting. Check out my other informative posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is something i can cling on. Great info!


    Volleyball Camps

    ReplyDelete